Written by mel Monday, 17 September 2012 08:35
Canon G15 and S110 Images
Canonpricewatch published photos of Canon Powershot G15 and S110 compact cameras, successor to the G12 and the S100 respectively. It is strange that Canon skips G13 and G14 and jumps to G15, but I am sure they have an explanation for this.
If the image is not fake, the new G15 has a f1.8-2.8 lens compared to f2.8-5.8 lens of G12, this alone is a huge improvement. This is a bit suspicious though cause the physical size of the lens is very similar to that of G12's and it is hard to understand how they managed to have such a fast aperture range without significantly enlarging the front element of the lens (assuming the sensor size stays the same).
It also looks like the ISO dial and Exposure Compensation dials are missing on the G15, but lets wait for the other photos to be sure of it. This will be sad if true because the top dials for direct access was one of the main attractions of the recent G-series.
The other major change is the pop-up flash on the G15.
Canon S110 has the same 24-120mm f2.0-5.9 lens of the S100 according to the image below.
There is no price or availability info so far.
Written by mel Monday, 17 September 2012 06:02
Panasonic new flagship mFT camera, GH3's first specs and images are leaked. The body is significantly larger than the GH2, almost in the APS-C sensor DSLR territory. I hear some people complaining but Panasonic clearly stated that this camera is aimed for professionals so I don't think there is anything wrong with the size increase as long as it improves handling and increase the full physical controls on the body. The vertical grip is also a nice addition in this regard.
Panasonic GH3 Specs:
|Effective Megapixels||16.05 Megapixels|
|Image Sensor||Live MOS/17.3 x 13.0 mm (in 4:3 aspect ratio)|
|Sensitivity||200 – 12800|
|Storage Media||SD Secure Digital|
|Compatible Memory Card||SD, SDHC, SDXC|
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds mount|
|Lcd Monitor Type||OLED Monitor with static touch control|
|Lcd Screen Size||3.0 in.|
|Computer Interface||USB 2.0 High Speed|
|Lens Focal Length Multiplier||Micro Four Thirds (2x Crop Factor)|
|Maximum Shutter Speed||1/4000|
|Exposure Modes||Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual|
|Shutter Speeds||60 – 1/4000th|
|Builtin Flash||Yes: Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction (when iA, iA+), Forced On, Forced On/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync., Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction|
|Battery||Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1860mAh)|
|Dimensions||132.9 x 93.4 x 82.0mm / 5.23 x 3.68 x 3.23 in|
|Weight||Approx. 470g / 16.58 oz (Body only)|
|Auto Focus||Contrast AF system|
|Flash Type||TTL Built-in-Flash|
|Red Eye Reduction||yes|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||6 fps|
|White Balance||Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Shade, Incandescent, Flash, White Set 1, 2, Color temperature setting|
|Video Resolution||1080 Full HD|
Written by mel Monday, 17 September 2012 05:34
The Olympus XZ-2 compact camera, successor to the Olympus XZ-1, is expected to be announced tomorrow.
XZ-2 features a 1/1.7" 12MP backside illuminate sensor, a bright 28-112mm f/1.8-2.5 lens, a 3-inch 920k-dot resolution articulating, touchscreen LCD and dual IS. In the photo below, we can also see that the XZ-2 will come in different colors (the grip at least), and an underwater case and a leather-like case will be available as accessories.
Olympus XZ-2 Specs:
- 1/1.7? 12MP BSI CMOS sensor
- 28-112mm equivalent zoom lens at f/1.8-2.5
- 3-inch 920k-dot resolution articulating, touchscreen LCD
- Full 1920 x 1080 HD video
- SDXC UHS-I compatible
- Dual IS
- Olympus Art Filters
Written by mel Monday, 17 September 2012 03:38
Canon 6D Images and Specs: Direct Competition to Nikon D600
Finally we have some low resolution images and the detailed specs of the long rumored Canon Full frame camera, EOS 6D. Rumors include a new 20.2MP CMOS sensor which is a bit odd since Canon already had a 21MP sensor that is used in EOS 5D Mark III and Mark II. Other features worth mentioning are built-in Wi-fi and built in GPS.
Canon 6D Specs
- 20.2MP Full Frame CMOS sensor
- 1080p HD video capture
- DIGIC 5+ processor
- ISO 100-25,600 (ISO 50-102,400 w/ expansion)
- 11-point AF w/ center cross-type point
- 4.5fps frame rate
- 1/180s sync speed
- 30s to 1/4000 shutter speed
- Shutter rated to 100k actuations
- Built-in WiFi
- Built-in GPS
- Smaller, APS-C sized body
- Weather sealing
- SDXC Card slot (UHS-I support)
The Canon 6D is rumored to be announced next week and have a competitive price, my guess is somewhere around $2.100 if the specs are right. 5D Mark III already lost some ground against the 36MP Nikon D800 and the newly announced D600 at $2.100 will definitely cut 5D Mark II sales, so Canon really needs this camera bad.
Written by mel Monday, 17 September 2012 03:19
The new Olympus E-PL5 and E-PM2 cameras and the compact XZ-2 are expected to be announced tomorrow.
E-PL5 and E-PM2 will sport a 16.05MP Live MOS sensor, (probably the same one that is used OM-D EM-5), TruPic VI image processor, a 460k-dot res touch screen display with touch AF and Olympus Art Filters.
The Olympus E-PM2 with 14-42mm kit lens will be priced at $599 and the E-PL5 with 14-42mm kit lens will be priced at $699 in US.
Written by mel Monday, 10 September 2012 06:01
Could this be true? If so, this may become the biggest surprise of the year for sure. Photoprice Canada leaked two pictures of the new Sony RX1 compact Full Frame camera with Carl Zeiss 35mm f/2.0 lens. It looks like the RX100 in many ways but is hard to understand if it is a fixed lens or not.
Written by mel Sunday, 09 September 2012 07:03
Here is the first photo of the Sony A99 24MP Full Frame camera leaked just before the official announcement on September 12th [via SonyAlphaRumors]. Contrary to the leaked specs, I can't see the built-in flash on this photo.
Sony A99 FF Camera Specs:
- 24.3 Mpx Full frame CMOS Exmor sensor
- SLT technology
- New Bionz imaging engine
- 14 bit RAW recording
- 10 fps
- ISO 100 up to 25.600
- 50 ISO extended (with lower dynamic range)
- 102 AF point AF (11 cross).
- AF range
- MF assist
- Dual Phase detection system (with AF phase pixels on sensor)
- 30 sec and 1/8000 maximum shutter speed
- Time Lag 0.05 sec.
- Shutter life guarantee of 200,000 cycles
- Built-in flash with guide number of 12
- 2.360k OLED electronic viewfinder
- 3?921k LCD with same tilting system of the A77
- Full HD video recording at 1920×1080/50p (US: 60p) AVCHD 2.0 format.
- Clean HDMI output
- Built-in stereo mic
- Auto HDR capability
- New multi-segment low pass filter
- Photodiode expansion technology
- Light concentration technology
- Selective noise reduction
- Ultrasonic anti dust system
- In body image stabilization
- Two memory slots: SD and SD+MS cards
- USB: 2.0
- Available in stores in late October 2012
- New accessories to be released with the a99: battery grip, flash, remote control, microphone etc.
- Very light, weather sealed magnesium alloy body (730g)
- Price around $2800
Written by mel Monday, 03 September 2012 20:10
The new NEX-6 is expected to be announced on September 12th along with A99 and other accessories. NEX-6 is placed between NEX-7 and NEX-5R and will be priced around $1.000.
Sony NEX-6 Specs
- 16.1MP APS-C Exmor sensor
- BIONZ processor
- ISO range: 100-25,600
- 2.369k dots XGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF
- 3? 921k dots tiltable LCD screen
- Max shutter speed: 1/4000
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- New camera apps
- Auto HDR functionality
- Built-in flash with guide number of 6
- New multi interface hot shoe
- New hybrid AF with phase detection and contrast detection AF points
- Stereo mic
- 1920×1080 60i/60p/24p video recording capabilities
- Price: $1000
[via Photo Rumors]
Written by mel Monday, 03 September 2012 20:02
Finally we have the full list of cameras, lenses and accessories that will be announced on September 12th:
Sony SLT and NEX Cameras:
- Sony A99: 24MP Exmor CMOS full frame sensor, ($2799, Available in mid October)
- Sony NEX-6: 16MP Exmor CMOS APSC sensor, ($1000)
- Sony 300mm f/2.8 G SSM II lens: Nano AR coating, weather sealed, SSM (Super Sonic Wave Motor), DMF (Direct Manual Focus), focus hold button. Price: $7500, to be released in October, 2012.
- Sony 10-18 f/4 OSS: available in November 2012 for $850.
- Sony 35mm f/1.8 OSS: available in December 2012 for $450.
- Sony 16-50 f/3.5-5.6 OSS (kit lens): available in January 2013 for $350.
- Sony HVL-F60M flash: guide number: 60, built-in LED light, price: $550.
- Sony HVL-RL1 ring flash: priced around $350.
- Sony VG-C99AM vertical grip for a99: weather sealed, price: $380.
- Sony XLR-K1M audio input terminal: price: $800.
- Sony RMT-DSLR2 remote control.
- Sony LCS-BP3 back pack.
- Sony NEX-VG900 camcorder: interchangeable lens HD camera with 24MP Exmor CMOS full frame sensor, 1080×1920 video recording at 24p/60p, 3? LCD, XGA OLED EVF, price: $3,300.
- Sony NEX-VG30/VG30H camcorders: 16MP Exmor APS-C sensor, BIONZ processor, 1080×1920 video recording at 24p/60p, 3? LCD, XGA OLED EVF, available in November from $1,800.
- Sony NEX-5R Specifications
- New Sony DT 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 SAM Photo Leaked
- Sony A99 FF: What We Know So Far?
- Olympus XZ-2 Coming this August?
- Panasonic G5 Photos
- Panasonic G5, LX7 and FZ200 Camera Announcements
- New Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm f/4-5.6 HD OIS Lens is Coming!
- Canon’s Mirrorless Camera Announcement on July 23?
- New Nikon AF-S 800mm f/5.6 VR Lens Rumors
- Nikon D600 Photos Leaked
- Sony RX100 1-inch Sensor Compact Camera
- New Samsung NX20 Specs and First Images
- New Sony 18-135mm SAM Lens: First Image
- Sony A57 Real Photo
- Canon 590EX Speedlite Rumors
- Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Roadmap 2012-2013
- SOny A77 / A65 Firmware Update v1.05 Coming on March 29
- Sony A57 SLT on March 13
- Canon 5D X and 5D Mark III Rumors
- Nikon D800 Specs Almost Official!
- Olympus E-M5 full size photos with External Battery Grip
- New Olympus OM-D E-M5 Photos
- First Olympus OM-D Specs
- Olympus OM-D Camera Coming Soon
- Canon 5D Mark III Coming soon? or Canon 3D?
- New Rumors about Nikon D800
- Sony NEX-7 and NEX-5N Specifications
- Sony A77, NEX-7 and NEX-5N Announcement on August 24
- Sony A77 Real Specs!
- Sony A77 Real Photos
- Nikon D4 and D800 Rumors